The integration between ShipBob and Loop is a two-way integration, responsible for performing two primary actions:
- Create Warehouse Receiving Order or RMA within ShipBob when a return is initiated through Loop
- Process or flag a return within Loop based on items received by ShipBob
How it works
This integration leverages Loop’s Warehouse API to pull ASN data on a recurring basis, using it to create RMAs in ShipBob. When items return to the warehouse, the integration again leverages the Warehouse API to trigger a process or flag the return in Loop.
Qualifications for the Integration:
- This integration is available on our Plus plan with API access
- SKU and Name of the product must be the same in Loop as in ShipBob's system
- Loop has built and maintains this integration, which means no developer work is needed on the merchant's end
Note: ShipBob will NOT process any inbound shipments until the Warehouse Receiving Order (WRO) has been created and fully submitted
- Customer submits return to Loop, firing return.create webhook (see payload)
- WRO is created in ShipBob with data from webhook
- ShipBob receives and/or processes a return package, firing webhook
- Return Processed or Flagged based on package contents and conditions
- Return resolved/closed in Loop
- Return is complete
How long will it take to set up this integration? Implementation and maintenance is handled by Loop, with collaboration from ShipBob. The timeline is approximately 2 weeks from kickoff with Loop.
Will I need a developer involved to complete this integration? Not at all! Loop & ShipBob will take care of this integration for you.
How do I get started? To begin the integration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Onboarding/Account Manager
If you leverage ShipBob for your returns, your Destinations must be set up in the following format:
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any additional questions.