The integration between NetSuite and Loop exists through a connector from Celigo. The standard setup is built as a one-way integration, responsible for performing the following action:
- Create Return Authorizations (RA) within NetSuite when a return is initiated in Loop
Some merchants opt to create a second flow to: process or flag returns within Loop upon item receipt, which this requires additional customization by Celigo.
How it works
Qualifications for the Integration:
- This integration is available on our Plus plan with API access
- Celigo has built and maintains this integration, which means no developer work is needed on the merchant's end
- Merchants wishing to integrate this template with additional data sources (3PLs, Shopify, etc) will have to work with Celigo to customize accordingly
Returns Workflow Example - standard setup
- Integrator.io subscribes to Loop webhook with "return.updated" trigger
- Loop transactions that are in a "closed" status are passed through the webhook - meaning the package was scanned by shipper and is on it's way to the warehouse
- Customer submits return to Loop and takes package to carrier, firing Loop webhook
- RA is created in NetSuite with data from webhook
- Different actions will be taken depending on how the return request:
- Full Refund: RA will be generated with returned item(s) added at the amount that was paid. A cash refund we will created at refunded amount. General Ledger (GL) impact: CR to Returns, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax (if charged)
- Exchange: RA will be generated with returned item(s) at $0. A cash refund will be created but will have a $0 amount. Loop will handle creation of the exchange order in Shopify and it will be processed with 100% loop-discount. GL impact: None
- Store Credit: RA will be generated with returned items at $0. A cash refund will be created but will have a $0 amount. Loop will create the store credit “gift card” store credit in the client account. GL impact: None
- Refund with a Gift Card: If the customer originally paid for an order with a gift card and now is getting a refund, an RA will be generated with returned item(s) added at the amount that was paid. A gift card item will be added to the RA to offset the amount being refunded at a negative amount equal to the gift card refund amount. The RA will reflect any refund balance remaining. GL impact: CR to Returns, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax (if charged), CR Gift Card
- Returns are not approved automatically with standard setup, so NetSuite merchants will have to approve returns through 3PL integration, Processing Events or by manually selecting Process Return within the Loop Admin
- Return is complete
How long will it take to set up this integration? Implementation and maintenance is handled by Celigo, with collaboration from NetSuite and Loop. The timeline is approximately 9-10 weeks from kickoff with Celigo.
Will I need a developer involved to complete this integration? Not at all! Celigo, NetSuite & Loop will take care of this integration for you.
How do I get started? To begin the integration process, please contact email@example.com or your Onboarding/Account Manager.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.