The integration between NetSuite and Loop exists through a connector, like Celigo. The standard setup is built as a one-way integration, responsible for performing the following action:
- Create Return Authorizations (RA) within NetSuite when a return is initiated in Loop
Many merchants opt to also create a second (two-way) flow, which requires additional customization by the connector:
- Export Return Receipt from NetSuite to Loop
- Process or flag returns within Loop upon item receipt
How it works
Qualifications for the Integration:
- This integration is available on our Loop Plus plan with API access
- Celigo and other providers have built and maintain these integrations, which means no developer work is needed on the merchant's end, though merchants will need to contract a provider to build the integration
- Loop does not build these connectors and does not maintain them
- Merchants wishing to integrate this template with additional data sources (3PLs, Shopify, etc) will have to work with their connector to customize accordingly
Returns Workflow Example
- Customer submits return to Loop and takes package to carrier, firing Loop webhook
- Integrator.io subscribes to Loop webhook with "label.updated" trigger when a return is in transit
- Loop transactions that are in a "open" status are passed through the webhook - meaning the package was scanned by shipper and is on it's way to the warehouse
- RA is created in NetSuite with data from webhook
- Different actions will be taken depending on how the return request:
- Full Refund: RA will be generated with returned item(s) added at the amount that was paid. A cash refund we will created at refunded amount. General Ledger (GL) impact: CR to Returns, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax (if charged)
- Exchange: RA will be generated with returned item(s) at $0. A cash refund will be created but will have a $0 amount. Loop will handle creation of the exchange order in Shopify and it will be processed with 100% loop-discount. GL impact: CR to gift card liability, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax
- Store Credit: RA will be generated with returned item(s) at $0. A cash refund will be created but will have a $0 amount. Loop will create the store credit “gift card” store credit in the client account. GL impact: CR to gift card liability, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax
- Refund with a Gift Card: If the customer originally paid for an order with a gift card and now is getting a refund, an RA will be generated with returned item(s) added at the amount that was paid. A gift card item will be added to the RA to offset the amount being refunded at a negative amount equal to the gift card refund amount. The RA will reflect any refund balance remaining. GL impact: CR to Returns, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax (if charged), CR Gift Card
The return receipt will be handled outside this data flow using native NetSuite functionality or integration with the third party logistics (3PL) that is receiving the returned items against the Loop return auth. The creation of the cash refund or credit memo will also be handled manually using native NetSuite functionality.
- One-way setup: Returns are not approved automatically with one-way setup, so NetSuite merchants will have to approve returns through 3PL integration, Processing Events or by manually selecting Process Return within the Loop Admin
- Two-way setup:
- Processing Returns: An API call will be made to Loop to release the Refund or Exchange to Shopify and the Loop return will move to a “closed” status
- Flagging Returns: Return will be placed in a “to be reviewed” status if the return was not acceptable. The original RA will be manually closed. This will trigger the API call to Loop to flag the order. This will then be handled by merchant's customer support to resolve or close the return manually in the Loop user interface.
- Return is complete
How long will it take to set up this integration? Implementation and maintenance is handled by Celigo or another connector, with collaboration from NetSuite and Loop. The timeline is approximately 9-10 weeks from kickoff.
Will I need a developer involved to complete this integration? Celigo or other connectors and NetSuite will typically provide the development resources needed to complete this integration.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.