Google Analytics is a tool provided by Google that helps you measure website traffic. Loop can help you connect your Google Analytics account to track what customers click through in the Returns Portal.
As of July 1, 2023, Google's Universal Analytics (GA3) will stop processing data, so you must update your Google Analytics Measurement ID within Loop to Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Here is a Google article with instructions on setting up your GA4 property and getting your GA4 Measurement ID.
Loop fires events to Google Analytics as customers take actions in the Returns Portal, all of which can be located under Behavior > Events in the Google Analytics dashboard.
The Returns Portal tracks several events, see this table for what events show in Analytics:
Connecting Google Analytics to Loop
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Access your Google Analytics Measurement ID
- Navigate to your Loop admin
- Head to Settings > Customizations > Edit all content > Global and scroll down to Analytics
- Input your Google Analytics Measurement ID in the field with the subheading "Ga"
- Select "Save" to save your tracking number
Do I have to be on a certain plan type to connect my Google Analytics account with Loop? No, all Loop plans are eligible for this connection.