Loop's integration with Klaviyo will allow merchants to expand their use of Klaviyo by utilizing Loop's post purchase data and processing events. Merchants will be able to recreate notifications that are currently deployed by Loop, create custom email flows and segments, and gain insights into open rates, CTR, and other marketing data points.
Set Up Instructions
You will need an active Klaviyo account and an active Loop Plus account to use this integration.
1. Find your Klaviyo Public API Key by logging into your Klaviyo Account > Settings > API Keys. For more information on how to find your API key, click here.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Onboarding Manager with your Klaviyo Public API Key and all Loop instances you want to link to Klaviyo.
How Does it Work?
When a customer submits a return via Loop, Loop will pass return data to Klaviyo, which are then saved as custom metrics within that customer's Klaviyo profile. The match is based off of customer email address (Loop uses Shopify data).
Note: If a customer's email address does not already exist within Klaviyo, a new profile will be created for them.
Within each event will be a payload of data which includes information such as:
- General return information (Shopify order ID, return status)
- Shipping information (carrier, tracking label, shipping status)
- Return reasons (ex: Item did not fit → Item was too small)
- Return outcome (refund, exchange, gift card)
- Product information (SKUs, product name, variant title, image)
To view a list of all events and their payloads, click here.
What can I do with these events?
There are two general ways merchants can leverage the Loop <> Klaviyo integration:
- Recreate Loop notifications in Klaviyo
- Create custom post-purchase flows and segments
- Checkout this blog post for more post-purchase opportunities the Loop <> Klaviyo integration can unlock
1. Recreate Loop Notifications in Klaviyo
This integration will allow you to fully customize the emails that are deployed from Loop today and deploy them via Klaviyo. You can choose to have Loop continue deploying notifications or you can now use Klaviyo for some or all notifications.
To complete this, you will need to replicate Loop's existing flows and emails in Klaviyo. Any emails created in Klaviyo will need to be turned off in Loop to avoid double emailing customers.
- Click here to see the full list of Loop notification flows and event triggers
- You can build the emails yourself using Klaviyo's drag-and-drop block editor. Examples of existing Loop flows can be found here.
- If using custom HTML you can export the existing Loop notifications
- Follow these steps to import custom HTML templates in Klaviyo
- Once this is complete, contact Klaviyo for transactional email approval. Note - all Loop notifications are transactional
- Once your flows are approved and live, don't forget to disable your Loop notifications to avoid sending duplicate emails. Click here for on instructions for how to disable current notifications.
2. Create Custom Flows and Segments
This integration will also allow you to use Loop's return data to create custom flows and segments to provide your customers with a more personalized experience. Some sample use cases include:
- Sending a different confirmation email based on return outcome (e.g. refund vs. exchange vs. gift card)
- Creating a unique return flow for a first-time customer
- Building segments based on return reason (e.g. users who have returned an item in the last 30 days because it was too small)
- Identifying high-volume/serial returners for exclusion from certain promotions
- Mixing & matching with other integrations for advanced segmentation (e.g. all users who have left a negative review but have not returned their item)
- All Loop return events are saved as metrics in Klaviyo. Follow this guide to creating a metric-triggered flow.
- You can personalize flows and emails using Klaviyo's Event Variables. Follow this guide to learn more about Event Variables.
- Klaviyo's Segmentation article will help you learn how you can utilize Loop's return data for segmentation use cases
Can we backfill customer information since we started using Loop so it's all in Klaviyo? We unfortunately cannot backfill data at the moment.
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com.