Loop's integration with Klaviyo will allow merchants to expand their use of Klaviyo by utilizing Loop's post purchase data and processing events. Merchants will be able to recreate email flows to replace the notification emails that are currently deployed by Loop, create additional custom email flows and segments, and gain insights into open rates, click-through rates (CTR), and other marketing data points.
In this article:
- How does it work
- Getting started
- Set up instructions
- Loop + Klaviyo Events
- Plan information
How Does this Integration Work?
When a customer submits a return request in Loop, Loop will pass that return data to Klaviyo which is then saved as custom metrics within that customer's Klaviyo profile. Since Loop uses Shopify data, the customer email is used to tie the return data to the customer's profile in Klaviyo.
Note: If a customer's email address does not already exist within Klaviyo, a new profile will be created for them.
Within each event will be a payload of data that includes information such as:
- General return information (i.e., return ID, return status)
- Shipping information (i.e., label, tracking number, tracking status)
- Return reasons (i.e., item didn't fit, I didn't like the item)
- Return outcome (i.e., refund, exchange, store credit)
- Product information (i.e., product SKU, product name, variant title, product image)
To view a list of all events and their payloads, click here.
- Examples of the flows that can be set up in Klaviyo to replace Loop's existing notifications can be found here.
- There are 12 events that Loop can send to Klaviyo via the Loop x Klaviyo integration. You can review these events and the related payloads here.
Set Up Instructions
- Find your Klaviyo public API key by logging into your Klaviyo account and then head to your Settings > API Keys (read more here).
- Then in your Loop Admin, go to Settings > Integrations and toggle on the Klaviyo integration. You will be prompted to enter your Klaviyo public API key here. If this field is grayed out please contact your Onboarding Specialist or Merchant Success Manager.
- Remain on your Integrations tab in your Loop Admin and click on the arrows button to test the integration (this will read 'Run a test' when you hover over it). This will send all Loop events to Klaviyo so you can begin building flows.
Loop + Klaviyo Events
There are two general ways merchants can leverage the Loop x Klaviyo integration:
- Recreate the Loop Notifications in Klaviyo
- Create custom post-purchase email flows and segments
1. Recreate Loop Notifications in Klaviyo
This integration will allow you to fully customize the emails that are deployed from Loop today and deploy them via Klaviyo. You can choose to have Loop continue deploying notifications or you can now use Klaviyo for some or all notifications. Please note: all tracking would need to be turned off (any Klaviyo or Google tracking).
To complete this, you will need to replicate Loop's existing flows and emails in Klaviyo. Any emails created in Klaviyo will need to be turned off in Loop to avoid double emailing customers.
- Click here to see the full list of Loop notification flows and event triggers
- You can build the emails yourself using Klaviyo's drag-and-drop block editor. Examples of existing Loop flows can be found here.
- If using custom HTML you can export the existing Loop notifications
- Follow these steps to import custom HTML templates in Klaviyo
- Once this is complete, contact Klaviyo for transactional email approval. Note - all Loop notifications are transactional
- Once your flows are approved and live, don't forget to disable your Loop notifications to avoid sending duplicate emails. Click here for on instructions for how to disable current notifications.
2. Create Custom Flows and Segments
This integration will also allow you to use Loop's return data to create custom flows and segments to provide your customers with a more personalized experience. Some sample use cases include:
- Sending a different confirmation email based on return outcome (e.g. refund vs. exchange vs. gift card)
- Creating a unique return flow for a first-time customer
- Building segments based on return reason (e.g. users who have returned an item in the last 30 days because it was too small)
- Identifying high-volume/serial returners for exclusion from certain promotions
- Mixing & matching with other integrations for advanced segmentation (e.g. all users who have left a negative review but have not returned their item)
- All Loop return events are saved as metrics in Klaviyo. Follow this guide to creating a metric-triggered flow.
- You can personalize flows and emails using Klaviyo's Event Variables. Follow this guide to learn more about Event Variables.
- Klaviyo's Segmentation article will help you learn how you can utilize Loop's return data for segmentation use cases
This feature is available on Loop's Plus plan or, with the Custom Rules add-on. If you're interested in this adding this feature, please contact your Merchant Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the add-on has been applied to your account, we will enabled integrations on the backend on your behalf.
Can we backfill customer information since we started using Loop so it's all in Klaviyo? We unfortunately cannot backfill data at the moment.
Need help? Contact us at email@example.com.