Indigo 8 Integration
The integration between Indigo 8 and Loop is owned by Indigo 8 The standard setup is built as a one-way integration, responsible for performing the following action:
- Create Return Authorizations (RA) within Indigo 8 daily via Loop's Open API
Your integration can also include a secondary trigger from Loop > Indigo 8:
- When Loop automatically processes the return based on your Processing Events, Indigo 8 will trigger the completion of the RA
How it works
Qualifications for the Integration:
- This integration is available on our Loop Plus plan or via Loop's Integrations Add-On
- Indigo 8 has built and maintains this integration, which means no developer work is needed on the merchant's end
- Merchants wishing to integrate this template with additional data sources (3PLs, Shopify, etc) can work with Indigo 8 to customize as needed (fees may apply)
Returns Workflow Example
- Customer submits return to Loop
- Within 1 day, an RA is created in Indigo 8 for the Return
- Indigo 8 subscribes to Loop webhook with "label.updated" trigger when a return is delivered
- When the label reaches the delivered status, the RA will be closed in Indigo 8. (talk to your Indigo 8 Representative if you intend to process returns manually at a different Processing Event)
- Different actions will be taken depending on the return request:
- Full Refund: RA will be generated with returned item(s) added at the amount that was paid. A cash refund we will created at refunded amount. General Ledger (GL) impact: CR to Returns, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax (if charged)
- Exchange: RA will be generated with returned item(s) at $0. A cash refund will be created but will have a $0 amount. Loop will handle creation of the exchange order in Shopify and it will be processed with 100% loop-discount. GL impact: CR to gift card liability, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax
- Store Credit: RA will be generated with returned item(s) at $0. A cash refund will be created but will have a $0 amount. Loop will create the store credit “gift card” store credit in the client account. GL impact: CR to gift card liability, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax
- Refund with a Gift Card: If the customer originally paid for an order with a gift card and now is getting a refund, an RA will be generated with returned item(s) added at the amount that was paid. A gift card item will be added to the RA to offset the amount being refunded at a negative amount equal to the gift card refund amount. The RA will reflect any refund balance remaining. GL impact: CR to Returns, DR Gross Sales, DR to sales tax (if charged), CR Gift Card
- Faulty Product: If a customer indicates a product was faulty as their reason for return, the integration will preset the return warehouse for that item to a Faulty Warehouse (so it is not returned to retail stock once processed)
- Return is complete
How long will it take to set up this integration? Implementation and maintenance is handled by Indigo 8. This process typically takes 2-3 weeks.
Will I need a developer involved to complete this integration? Not at all! Indigo 8 & Loop will take care of this integration for you.
How do I get started? To begin the integration process, please contact your Onboarding/Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any additional questions.