SEKO is a shipping service that helps merchants handle the intricacies of cross-border shipping. SEKO will handle all logistics resulting from a return in another country - consolidation, documentation, clearances, etc. With this integration with Loop, merchants will now be able to insert their SEKO labels and processes into the Loop experience, resulting in a better customer experience, and a better workflow for your fulfillment and operations teams.
How It Works
Loop's integration with SEKO will help you support your international customers without the overhead of operating a warehouse. Loop handles everything before a package is dropped off and SEKO handles everything after a package is dropped off (i.e., consolidation, quality control, etc.).
When a customer submits a return through Loop, Loop will deliver a label to the customer and the return is routed to a SEKO warehouse. Loop processes the return based on your settings--automatic or manual--and then SEKO will operate based on the predefined contract you have set up. SEKO then ships the consolidated product back to you.
Getting Started with SEKO
If you already have a SEKO account, please advance to the Loop Setup section. To get started, you will first need to complete this form.
Next, your onboarding specialist will introduce you to SEKO to kick off the business requirement and onboarding process. SEKO's team will set up a call with you to understand your needs around countries, estimated volume, services required (i.e., shipping, quality check, etc.), and your preferred carriers, if any.
You will need to:
- Finalize the countries and carriers you need to use
- Finalize the warehouse hubs and destinations to route consolidated packages to
- Make sure all of your product in Shopify have a HS code and Country of Origin
- Test a package return
- Test the workflow automation for processing events
- Go live; the expected timeline from intro to SEKO to going live is 2-3 weeks
Once you have a SEKO account set up, there are two steps to connecting SEKO and Loop so you can begin generating return labels for your customers:
- Adding the SEKO API key to your Shipping settings in Loop as outlined here. This will allow Loop to generate SEKO labels.
- Let your Onboarding Specialist or Merchant Success Manager know that you are connecting Loop to SEKO, and provide the RPS keys. This second step will allow Loop to send return information to SEKO, as well as track where the return is. This step is crucial for SEKO to know which returns they should expect.
Once these two steps are complete, you are ready to use SEKO labels for Loop returns.
Do I still need a warehouse in every country with SEKO? No, SEKO takes care of all of that for you. All your returns will be routed to one of the SEKO hubs closest to your customer, consolidated at one central place and then shipped back to your preferred warehouse.
How is SEKO different from using say, UPS international? Primarily two major aspects:
- Consolidation: As opposed to UPS or other carriers that will ship back each product individually to your warehouse internationally, SEKO consolidates them at one location ships them in pallets to your warehouse. This allows SEKO to offer lower shipping costs in average, compared to UPS or other carriers.
- Quality Inspection: With other carriers, if a customers returns an item that is damaged or used by the time your warehouse finds out, you've already incurred high return shipping costs and labor costs. With SEKO, this is caught much earlier in the logistics chain, saving you money as well as time.
What if a customer sends back a damaged return? You can utilize the quality check service for an additional cost and they'll inspect every returned item before accepting it. If a product is shipped damaged from the consumer, SEKO will notify you and allow you to setup rules to reject a refund.
How can SEKO help with cross border? SEKO will take care of shipment manifest, customs and duties as applicable and any other paperwork for your cross border returns.
Can I use SEKO simply for generating labels but not their consolidation capabilities? No, in order to get the most value from SEKO in terms of costs as well as cross border capabilities, you cannot use SEKO only for generating labels.
Can I use SEKO for domestic shipments? Yes absolutely! You can use SEKO for both domestic as well as international shipments in any country SEKO supports.
Do I need a minimum volume to use SEKO? No minimum volume necessary but rates are determined by volume of shipments.
I currently use <carrier X> via EasyPost with Loop, does this mean I now need to switch to SEKO? Can I use them both together? You can use both EasyPost and SEKO together. You need to be on our Plus or Advanced plan to use more than one shipping service. Shipping providers are tied to a specific return policy. If you wish to use SEKO for say, only Australia but use EasyPost for all other countries. Here's how that'd work:
- You'd create two return policies - Policy #1 for Australia and Policy #2 for the rest of the world
- Connect SEKO to Policy #1 and EasyPost to Policy #2
Do I need to negotiate with SEKO as well as with individual carriers, like EasyPost? No, only need to negotiate with SEKO and align on the carriers you'd like to use per country. No separate negotiation with carriers, configuration or setup is required.
I've negotiated rates with <carrier X>. Can I use <carrier X> with SEKO? You won't be able to being your own rates/carrier accounts with SEKO. You can, however, choose to use <carrier X> with EasyPost along with SEKO as described here.