The integration between ShipMonk and Loop is a one-way integration that creates return records (ASN or RA) within ShipMonk when a return is initiated in Loop. ShipMonk owns and maintains this integration.
In this article—
- How it works
How it works
The return in ShipMonk is created with Order Number used as RMA so customers can easily tell which order the Return belongs to. The return is also updated to include the label tracking information from Loop as well.
ShipMonk receives two hooks from Loop in order to make a return in their system:
1. Return Created: triggered when Return is created in Loop
2. Label Created: triggered when a label is created for a Return
Note: Loop return reasons are saved to the note field for each SKU instead of using Return Reason field on the return
Integration can be created by the merchant without assistance from Loop or ShipMonk. All the merchant needs to do is set up the webhooks in Loop.
1. In the Loop admin, head to Settings > Developers. If you do not have access to the developer tools, please reach out to your Loop account manager or support.
2. Then create two webhooks in the Loop Admin with this data:
3. For the first webhook:
Event: Return created
4. For the second webhook:
Event: Label created
Here is the list of things customer should do when Returns are not created in Shipmonk:
1. Check that the webhook is active.
2. Check that Event, URL and Response are set correctly.
3. Check that items in the order are mapped correctly.
4. If the points above did not help, contact ShipMonk.z