Launching Loop & Migrating from Your Previous Returns Process
Merchants often come to Loop from a previous returns solution. Therefore, merchants may need to take additional steps to fully migrate from their previous process before launching Loop.
This article will detail:
- Important Steps to Launch Loop
- Migrating from your Previous Returns Solution to Loop from:
- Manual Process
- Other Returns Platforms
- Migrating to Shopify from another e-commerce platform
Steps to Launch Loop
- Complete the "Critical Steps" in the checklist document provided by your Onboarding Manager + Testing
- Confirm the language on your return policy page matches your Loop admin settings
- Add your Returns Portal link (example: brand.loopreturns.com) to your store's returns page or anywhere your customers can easily find it.
- For support in rewriting your return policy + examples, check out our blog post on How to build a return policy both you and your customers will love.
- Notify your Onboarding Manager that you've added your Returns Portal link to your site
- Your Onboarding Manager will then look over your settings and then introduce you to your long-term contacts
If you have specific questions regarding your launch, please reach out to your Onboarding Manager.
Migrating from your Previous Returns Solution to Loop
Merchants will want to consider the following when migrating from their previous solution to Loop if migrating from the following:
- Complete prior returns that were manually initiated
- Update existing internal documentation and processes to include Loop
Other Returns Platforms
- Complete the returns in prior system before fully cancelling service (Loop recommends leaving your prior system active 30-60 days after going live with Loop, if possible)
- Contact your representative with your previous solution to ask for any important reports, analytics, historical data
Migrating to Shopify from another E-Commerce Platform
These steps are applicable if a merchant is moving from another e-commerce platform (ex: Magento) to Shopify:
- Instruct customers who purchased on your previous system to return through your previous returns solution on your site's Return Policy Page
- Tip: Separate your new process from your old on your Returns Policy Page for a more intuitive customer experience during the migration
- Example: "If you purchased on X date or prior, click here to begin a return."
- If you are migrating orders from your previous e-commerce platform to Shopify:
- Customers would technically be able to return items through Loop
- Please note: Refund requests for old orders may need to be processed manually due to the lack of payment information in Shopify
- We highly recommend submitting a test return of an order submitted through your import solution
Who is my point of contact after I launch my Loop Returns Portal? You can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, feedback, etc. From time to time, an Account Manager will reach out to ensure you are maximizing the value of your partnership with Loop.