Advanced Exchanges is a Pro and Plus feature that allows a customer to exchange for a completely different product as if they were just requesting a variant exchange.
Loop refers to a variant-for-variant exchange (e.g.: exchanging a shirt in size Medium for a size Large) as an "variant exchange". Loop allows for variant exchanges across all of our tiers (Lite, Basic, Pro and Plus). Advanced Exchanges extends this functionality to different products where the merchant sees fit.
Note: Advanced Exchanges disregard price, treating all Advanced Exchanges as an even exchange. The customer will not be charged more or be given a refund if the product selected via Advanced Exchange is priced differently so it's important that collections are of equal price to the product being returned.
Advanced Exchange Example
- A merchant sells several different styles of rings.
- Each ring style is built in Shopify as a separate product, each product with several size variants.
- Each ring style costs the same.
Typically, a customer can exchange for a variant of the same product within Loop. With Advanced Exchanges, the customer can now exchange for another similar product, as well.
How To Set Up Advanced Exchanges
- Navigate to Advanced Exchanges in Loop Admin
- If this is not visible, contact email@example.com or your Onboarding Manager, to get the feature enabled
- Select Import/Update Collections (Loop will pull this information from your Shopify store)
- Select Add Exchange to begin configuring a new advanced exchange
- Follow How it works prompts
- Any product that contains the phrase you put in Product Name can be exchanged for any product placed in the Collection you set. i.e. if product title is X then display this collection as an exchange option
- Include the full name of the product if you want the Advanced Exchange options to only be available when that specific product is being returned
- Include a partial name if you would like the Advanced Exchange options to be available for all products that include that partial name
- Example: Oval Ring, Turquoise Ring, and Band Ring. Using "ring" for Product Name would result in the Advanced Exchange (collections) displaying whenever a customer returned a product with "ring" in the title.
- Select Add exchange option to add products your customers can exchange for
- You can add multiple exchange options to one product or range of products, so that your customers will see multiple options when exchanging just one product (e.g.: Exchange for a new color and Exchange for a new style).
- Activating the "Show Product Titles" switch will show the title of each product when the customer is looking at their advanced exchange options. If turned off, the customer will just see the images associated with the products in Shopify.
- Exchange option examples: Exchange for a new color, Exchange for a new style, Exchange for a new model.
- Select Save
- Visit Settings > Return Policies > Exchange and ensure the Allow Advanced Exchanges box is checked
- Submit a test return of a product that reflects your new Advanced Exchange
Why is the Advanced Exchange option not showing up, when I go through a return? Ensure the Allow Advanced Exchanges box is checked under Settings > Return Policies > Exchange within the Loop Admin.
Why am I receiving a message that the Item is Not Eligible to be exchanged? Advanced Exchanges disregard price, treating all Advanced Exchanges as an even exchange. The feature Different Priced Exchanges must also be enabled if you've had a price increase on this item or if the variant is a different price. If this is coming up for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Onboarding Manager, to get the feature enabled.
If you have any further questions about Advanced Exchanges, please reach out to us at email@example.com.