By default, international customers are directed to your support team when attempting to request a return. International Lite allows you to manage international returns in Loop.
In this article:
- Default International State
- International Lite
- Setting Up International Lite
- Managing International Lite Returns
Default International State
By default, customers from outside of your domestic country or the countries that you have return policies set up to support will see the following message when they enter their Order Number and Postal Code, and will be unable to proceed past this point, unless they contact your support team.
International Lite allows you to manage international returns in Loop.
- Allows customers to use the portal to submit their return request
- Offers refunds, store credit or exchange return outcomes
- Provides the customer the address of your Destination & your return instructions upon completion of the request
Note: This feature does not support generating international labels. For a current list of international borders Loop can generate labels for, check out the Supported Carriers and Countries section of our International Cross-Border article.
Setting Up International Lite
- Visit Return Policies in your admin
- Select Create Return Policy
- Change Name to “International Lite”
- Set Returning from to “rest of world”
- Click "Manage Destinations" and select a Destination
- Enable Return Outcomes
- Adjust Return instructions so they support the steps for this example:
- Securely pack items. If available, please use original packaging.
- Take your return to your local carrier and ship to the provided address.
- Drop off the package within 28 days to your nearest carrier location.
- We'll issue your refund, gift card or exchange once we approve your return.
Note: Customers will also receive a return confirmation email with return instructions and the return address listed
Managing International Lite Returns
- International Lite returns will appear under Needs Review in your admin, with a small globe icon next to the order
- International Lite returns need to be processed manually (no tracking or processing events are associated with these returns)
If you would like International Lite returns to not be flagged as Needs Review, please enable the Bypass Review. Enabling Bypass Review may be helpful if you have a significant number of returns that fall under the International Lite return policy.
- Navigate to Settings in the Loop Admin
- Return Policy (international)
- Toggle on
- Select save
Note: All non-default (default is usually the first policy created) return policies are treated as International Lite as well.
Are there any other limitations to returns, when using multi-currency with international customers? Yes. If you use Shopify Payments and also do business across multiple countries, by allowing customers the choice to pay in other currencies, you'll want to check out our Selling In Multiple Currencies article.
Can Loop generate labels for any international borders? Yes! Checkout this article for a list of supported borders and carriers as well as set up instructions!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.