Building a Test Order in Shopify
You'll use one or two test orders during the onboarding process to Loop to test that the core building blocks the app needs are working. Depending on your feature level, these are:
- Printing return labels through EasyPost.
- The gift card automation that allows Loop to issue store credit.
- Loop's Stripe functionality, allowing you to capture any upsell value in the Shop Now feature (Pro and Plus merchants only).
This article focuses solely on building a test order in Shopify. If you are a merchant in the onboarding process, your onboarding manager will walk through the testing steps with you. If you are a live Loop user and are testing your portal on your own, you can find more guidance on how to test Loop using test order here.
Create a Test Order
- Go to the Orders tab in Shopify and click "Create Order".
- Add any available and in stock product from your store, preferably one with variants (sizes, colors, styles, etc.). The inclusion of variants will give you a better look at the functionalities of the Loop customer portal.
- Set yourself as the customer. This will ensure that you'll have visibility into the notifications a customer can expect from your Shopify store, as well as from Loop.
- To minimize the impact on your reporting, you can enter in a 99.9% discount using the Add discount button. It will report as a large discount in Shopify, but will minimize impact on overall revenue numbers.
- Take any steps necessary to ensure that your warehouse or fulfillment team is aware to not fulfill this order. This can range from letting them know directly, to including a "DO NOT FULFILL" in the Notes section, to whatever works best for your team's process.
- Mark the order as Paid in the "ACCEPT PAYMENT" section at the bottom of the page, then "Create order".
- Fulfill this item using "Mark as fulfilled" in Shopify, then click "Fulfill items" in the bottom right, to complete your test order.
This order is now useable for testing purposes. If you are in the onboarding process, or onboarding to Loop Lite, your onboarding manager will walk through this with you, so no further action necessary.
If you have gone live and are testing on your own, get more guidance on how to test your Loop instance here.