Keep Item is a Pro and Plus feature that allows customers to keep an item under a certain value threshold, rather than sending it back.
In this article, you’ll learn about:
- Setting Up Keep Item
- The Customer Experience
Setting up Keep Item
Keep Item allows customers to keep low cost items when requesting a return. This feature saves you the cost of labels on low value products, and increases customer satisfaction by giving them their refund or exchange more quickly, without requiring them to ship out the low cost item.
- Navigate to Settings > Return policies > Edit in the admin to enable or disable
- Select Manual or Automatic review to determine when a refund, exchange or store credit will be issued
- Enter a maximum Value range
- This refers to the collective value of the return, not per item
Keep item review methods:
- Manual Review - Set this to review all return requests under a specified dollar threshold and confirm whether a shipping label should be sent out or if the customer can keep the product
- Automatic Review - Set this to automatically process any returns under a specified dollar threshold and allow the customer to keep the items
Note: when set to manual review, the return request will remain open in the admin until manually processed
The Customer Experience
For customers who fall under your Keep Item settings, they will see the following message after completing their return request:
- Keep Item is set to $40 maximum value with Automatic review
- The customer is returning two products that equal $35 total value
- They will be provided with the following message to keep their items
- The return will automatically process in Loop
- Keep Item is set to $40 maximum value with Manual review
- The customer is returning two products that equal $55 total value
- They will be instructed to send back their items and given a return shipping label
- The return is processed normally
If I want customers to keep up to a certain value threshold, is there a way to do this? Yes! We call this ‘Split Outcome Keep Item’. For example: if a customer is returning 6 $5 products, totaling $30 and the Keep Item threshold is set to $25, they will be instructed to keep all but one of the products, when split outcome is enabled. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Account/Onboarding Manager to get this enabled.
Can I exclude certain products from Keep Item? Yes! You can exclude certain Product IDs or SKUs, if needed. Please contact email@example.com or your Account/Onboarding Manager to get this set up.
Is it possible to set up Keep Item by specific product types? Not at the moment, unfortunately, but our product team is always working to enhance our features!
Can I allow customers to keep the item just once, rather than every time? Not at the moment, unfortunately, but our product team is always working to enhance our features!