Generate automatic shipping labels with EasyPost
Loop integrates with EasyPost, a third-party service, to provide your customers with automatically generated Shipping Labels. Once you provide EasyPost with a list of carriers you’d like to use, Loop shops available carriers and service types to provide you the lowest possible shipping cost.
Setting Up EasyPost
To automatically generate return shipping labels for your customers, follow these steps:
- Sign up for an EasyPost account, and enter your contact information to get started
- Click on your email address in the upper left-hand corner and select Billing from the drop-down.
- Set up a Bank Account with EasyPost. It is recommended that you set up a backup payment method as well so that they can fund your account even while waiting for a bank account transfer to complete.
- Add a Reload payment method and amount so EasyPost can reload automatically when you run out of shipping funds.
- Pro-tip: Merchants commonly load their account and set a reload amount to match their average 1-month return cost. The reload amount can be adjusted later as needed. We recommend $1,000 to start and $1,000 for recharge, but this is entirely up to you.
Once your additional carriers are added to your EasyPost account and the carrier has been configured with Loop, EasyPost will purchase labels on your behalf using your existing price structure.
- To add your carriers, go to the upper left-hand corner, click your email address and click “Carrier Accounts” to connect your preferred carriers (see list of EasyPost carries in FAQ).
Though EasyPost does not require a specific carrier account, they set USPS as default carrier. For all other providers, enter all necessary account information to ensure you can access the rates associated with your specific carrier partnership.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you decide to use any carrier other than USPS, please notify Loop Support, as some additional technical steps may be required.
Please note: unused labels will be voided automatically in 28 days and Loop will request a refund on your behalf from EasyPost. If you’d like to cancel a label manually for any reason, you can do so under Billing on the EasyPost website.
Loop Admin Setup
- Visit API Keys in EasyPost and copy the Production API Key.
- In Loop admin, go to Settings > Return Policy
- Paste your EasyPost Production API Key into the EasyPost Key field on the page.
In Loop Admin:
Loop can generate labels for the following carriers:
- SPS Scan Based Returns
- FedEx Smart Post*
- DHL Global Mail
- DHL eCommerce
- DPD UK
FedEx requires all of its customers to go through a certification process before creating production labels. This process can take a few days, so if you aren’t certified yet, we recommend starting the process as soon as possible.
EasyPost can help facilitate this process. Email them with the subject line: “FedEx Certification Process.” Make sure to include the name, number, email, and carrier account ID associated with your FedEx account.
If you are not already web-service certified, it may take a couple of days before the FedEx certification goes into effect.
If you have any other questions or would like more information please reach out to us at email@example.com