Gift Card automation
Create a Gift Card Product
To begin setup, you will need to create a Gift Card product that will be hidden from your store. This Gift Card will be used exclusively by Loop to provide your customers with Store Credit.
- Log into your Shopify account, go to Products > Gift Cards.
- If gift cards have not previously been activated, click the Start selling gift cards on my store button.
- Click Gift card product
- Select Create gift card product in the upper right hand corner:
- Next, set a Gift Card Title
- Choose a name that is easily recognized so that your team knows this gift card product is tied to Loop.
- Best Practice: Merchants commonly use the Title “Store Credit Gift Card” to differentiate the Store Credit Gift Card from other forms of Gift Card.
- Scroll to Denominations, if any values are listed then delete each.
- Important: If Shopify requires that you keep a denomination, set to $.01
In the top right, next to Product availability, select Manage, uncheck all active sales channels then click Done. Save this change.
- After saving, copy the Product ID which appears in the URL and complete the next set of steps:
- Send an email to your Onboarding Manager or the support team with the subject “Gift Card”
- In the body of the email, confirm that you would like to activate Gift Card automation and include the new Gift Card Product ID that you copied from the URL
- Your Onboarding Manager or support team member will confirm via email when the set up is complete
- Note: Please allow 1-2 business days for Loop to activate your Store Credit Gift Card.
If you are an existing Loop user and would like to activate Store Credit automation, please reach out to email@example.com with the information above.
Test your Loop Gift Card
Loop advises that all new Merchants test Store Credit automation after set up.To test your Store Credit Gift Card:
- Follow the instructions here to set up a test order.
- Go through the return process as the customer and request Store Credit:
- After submitting the return request, log in to your Loop admin, access the test you submitted anc click Process Return
If the integration was a success:
- The Return will be moved to the archives
- In Shopify, a new order will be created with a prefix that reads LGC- (Loop Gift Card) and the original order’s order number
Can I resend a Shopify gift card to my customer?
If the customer did not receive their Shopify gift card, follow these instructions:
- Go to Products > Gift Cards
- Search for the customer's email address
- Select the Gift Card
- Select Resend gift card to customer in the bottom right corner
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.